Sunday, October 7, 2012

WK 10 - Tutorial

In this tutorial I realized that I missed some of important points in my design procedure which I am going to expand them below .

Point One: Unorganized space connection 

Cameron advised me to list area of the required spaces, then put them in the organized arrangement  in order to catch the best spatial relation and connection as a diagram. That would be convert to volume of the building in the next several steps.

Drawing by Cameron - Tutorial week 10  5/10/2012


Point tow: Missed educational space the week 9 spatial diagram and expand parking area

I was wondering to set the library in the last level , however Cameron recommended it would .... with residential area which is not a correct circulation.

Point Three: Sun direction consideration

In residential part I was facing with the direct light from north side which would be annoying during the summer when sun is in the highest position. In order to solve this problem we find the solution which illustrated in the black circle below.




Research on sun position at site

http://www.sunearthtools.com/dp/tools/pos_sun.php


Look at the sun position in Summer and Winter (10th of June)




Sun Declination in Summer (10th of December) and Winter (10th of June)





Shadow Study



Point Four: Missed the building Volume 

I was Advised by Cameron to start make a simple physical model, could be a peace of paper which fold or curve to provide better understanding of the shapes,volume and connection of the building.
Probably I will make the topography model for having the levels first, , then I will go through on shapes and connections.









No comments:

Post a Comment