Sunday, October 14, 2012

WK 11 - Lecture Reflection

In this lecture I found the architecture art from very small scale to the very big scale.

It was several points which were very important in this lecture.

Community

It was interesting to me the responding of architecture design to the particular community and how it was affected by various elements like political, social and ... elements. Maybe the most important part of this lecture was this expression "social motion of community engage". It takes me to consider how people would feel about the communal area that I am designing in my project.

Then He presented the Greece Pavilion which had the same function of my mixed used building. it shows the brilliant integrated of different kind of building: educational, retail, Dwelling which gave me some ideas to how blend the activities and beside that, some ideas of matching the scale of the dwelling area and retail to simultaneously work properly.

Interpreting the Past

I found out that my design should be connected to the past and future like a sequential hierarchy. It means I should deal with history of the Paddington Area and consider to somehow be relevant to the future of that area.

The sense

The Senes???  The entire sensational elements of the building like: light, sound, temperature should be under the consideration of the designer. In presentation ,It was showed the photo (below) that how a designer could connected the people sensation together.



Process

It was showing how the physical model can help to the exploration of the physical space which gave me the idea to make the physical model which would be attached later.




No comments:

Post a Comment